Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jackfruit IceCream


Some of my priceless recipes are from most unexpected sources. I got my best chicken tikka recipe from an in-flight magazine. This traditional ice-cream recipe was given to me by one of my Psychology lecturers. We had attended a rural camp and on the last day she prepared this decadent ice-cream and we all pounced on her for the recipe.
I've added the jackfruit flavour for a tropical twist.

Ingredients-
1/2 litre milk
3egg yolks
1cup fresh cream
200gms condensed milk(1/2can)
1cup jackfuit pulp
Preparation-
  • Beat egg yolks and add to cooled milk.
  • Heat the mixture and keep stirring. Bring it to a boil and add condensed milk, fresh cream and jackfruit pulp. Take off the fire.
  • Chill. When half frozen, beat with immersion blender. Repeat this.
  • Scoop add nuts and honey and enjoy.
Fancy a Jackfruit sundae?... coming soon...
You might also like-
Jackfruit Panacotta
Kumbal Appam
Jackfruit Payasam

14 comments:

  1. Oh my....wonderful flavor. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had jackfruit here! Great ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious ice cream these are lovely flavours

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jackfruit and this looks so refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hard to find fresh jackfruit here... i miss it so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love jackfruit! That sundae looks soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I wouldn't have ever thought of making ice cream out of jackfruit. Such an unique recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm... looks yummy, Shirley! I love jackfruit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Jack fruit ... just one question, how do u make your jackfruit pulp?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Trisha,
    You need to deseed the jackfruit and run it in the mixer for the pulp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that looks so fantastic. I've never had (or seen) jackfruit before, but I love ice cream and I love fruit so I can only imagine that this would work. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin