Sunday, April 10, 2011

Drumstick soup

A vacation...
... is when I can snooze in the day without having to worry whether my kids are murdering each other.
What's your idea of a vacation?
While I am enjoying myself eating chaat, meeting up with friends and a lot more, I leave you with this yummy drumstick soup.

Drumstick is known to be a great source of calcium and a blood purifier
Ingredients-
3drumsticks
2tbs wholemeal flour
3 cups water
1vegstock cube
1tsp butter
salt
pepper

Preparation-
  • Wash the drumsticks and cut into 1 and half inch pieces and boil.
  • Split the sticks and scoop out the flesh and seeds. Mash the flesh into pulp.
  • In a pan heat butter and add the wholemeal flour and roast. Melt the stock cube in a cup of hot water, and add to the pan. Stir well to ensure there is no lumping. Add 2 cups of water and keep stirring till thick. Add the drumstick pulp and seeds, stir well and bring it to a boil.
  • Take off the heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Sending this for Souper Sunday
SouperSundays
You might also like-

22 comments:

  1. I can see the richness in this soup it really must be awesome with butter in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to me but it is nutritious and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, what an interesting ingredient! I was actually looking for the chicken drumstick. Hahaha! Thks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious and my kind of comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...this looks very delicious and healthy. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new ingredient to me, the soup looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great soup - ah, a morning with no plans always feels like vacation to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love drumsticks but I must admit, I've never had a drumstick soup. This looks lovely and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is an absolutely new recipe for me...looks absolutely delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very creative to use drumsticks in a soup. Mom did occasionally cook drumsticks in curries but that was a long time ago. I have not eaten it for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This soup looks very tasty...although I was looking and looking for the chicken drumsticks in the pictures hehehe! Have a wonderful week ahead Shirley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love learning new things about different ingredients. I had not been familiar with drumsticks before reading this post. It sounds like a delightful soup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have 3 drumsticks sitting in my fridge, this is quite an interesting recipe. Have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha that is too funny!

    Sounds like a delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of this version of drumsticks before. :) It looks very delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you enjoy your vacation. ;-) This looks like a simple and tasty soup. Thanks for sharing it at Souper Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha, ha, when I saw the title of your post, thought it was chicken drumstick until I saw the picture. Mmmmm ....healthy and light soup!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh.... you calling this as drumstick! I've seen this almost everywhere over here. Our Indian neighbours pick this for free. They said it's not to be eaten but to suck the taste & sauce out of the sticks. Is that right? Have never taken this before. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you're having a wonderful evening.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your drumstick soup looks incredible! I totally agree with your definition of a vacation. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have only eaten drumsticks in a curry but your drumstick soup looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin