Monday, September 30, 2013

Apple Flax Muffins


This month for the Secret Recipe Club I was assigned Megan's blog Cooking Whims. When I browsed this lovely blog I didnt have to go very far to find something after my own heart. This is one of Megan's recent recipes Apple Flax Muffins. Full of goodness, this simple yet nutritious muffin recipe is a keeper. The house was filled with a yummy aroma while they baked.

Apple Flax Muffins
Ingredients-
1/4 cup flax meal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg beaten
1 cup apple peeled and finely chopped
3 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup milk
Preparation-

  • Preheat oven and grease muffin tray.
  • Sift together dry ingredients.
  • Whisk together wet ingredients
  • Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in the apples.
  • Fill in the trays and bake till done.
  • Enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. These muffins sound so easy, and delicious! I'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick for your SRC this month!

    Hope you are enjoying your Monday, browsing through the collection of recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, delicious and easy muffins are on my list! I love adding flax to my kids meals. Great SRC pick this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a wonderful breakfast for my husband and son. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick for SRC Reveal Day~ Nothing better than a good muffin~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly healthy and delicious fall breakfast! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! these look so awesome and I love your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this recipe. Simple and delicious a big win win for me :) Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinning this right now! What a great, healthy sounding muffin. And this time of year, I can't get enough apples. GREAT pick!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin